Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
1520 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30322-4207
Eun-Ok Im, PhD, MPH, RN, CNS, FAAN
Senior Associate Dean for Research and Innovation, Professor & Edith Folsom Honeycutt Endowed Chair
Drenna Waldrop, PhD
Assistant Dean for Research Operations and Training and Director of Graduate Studies, Professor
Jessica Abrams, MS
Senior Research Program Coordinator
Rachel Nash, MPH
Melinda Higgins, PhD
Research Professor; Senior Biostatistician
Sudeshna Paul, PhD
Assistant Research Professor, Biostatistician
Nikolay Patrushev, MD
Manager, Research Laboratory
Research Clusters and Methodological Cores
The Research Clusters and Methodological Cores are dedicated to providing the central contact point for research mentoring and consultation in the specific content and methodological areas. For more information and membership, please contact The Office of Nursing Research.
Research Cluster Leaders
Geriatrics Cluster Leader
Pediatrics Cluster Leader
Methodological Core Leaders
Advanced Analytics Core Leader
Data Science Core Leader
Omics Core Leader
Health Information Technology Core Leader
Proposal Initiation Form
To begin working with the Office of Nursing research, please complete the Proposal Initiation Form.
The Proposal Initiation Form (PIF) is the first step for all grant proposal submissions. If you have any questions on how to fill out the Proposal Initiation Form (PIF), please contact Jessica Abrams at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To begin working with the Office of Nursing research, please complete the Proposal Initiation Form.
- Schedule a proposal preparation meeting with your RAS Pre-Award Administrator, Jamila Edwards: In this meeting, you may review the proposal guidelines and mutually agree on target due dates for when specific budget and grant information will be provided.
Contact the ONR for:
- Budget Planning: Reviewers will look for a reasonable budget based on the needs of your research program. We can help you create a budget for your project. Contact your RAS Pre-Award Administrator to schedule a meeting.
- Editorial Support: Our services include copy editing, formatting to agency guidelines, and analysis of the content and flow of the proposal. To begin working with the Office of Nursing Research, please complete the Proposal Initiation Form.
- Mock Review: These sessions are meant to allow faculty to get detailed feedback on a grant proposal they're working on and/or to gain insight into the standard review process at funding agencies. To begin working with the Office of Nursing Research, please complete the Proposal Initiation Form.
- Data Management: Our data management team assists with preparing and reviewing data management or data sharing plans accompanying grant proposals. To begin working with the Office of Nursing Research, please complete the Proposal Initiation Form.
- Statistical Support: Members of our statistical support team advise on the statistical aspects of proposals or current projects. We encourage researchers to consult a statistician early in the planning stage of a project - ideally at the grant preparation stage. For R-level awards, percentage effort for a PhD statistician is generally expected by the funding agency. To begin working with the Office of Nursing Research, please complete the Proposal Initiation Form.
- Laboratory Support: Laboratory support is provided if you are including collection of biological samples in your research protocol. To begin working with the Office of Nursing Research, please complete the Proposal Initiation Form.
- Identification of Funding Opportunities: The ONR curates lists of relevant funding opportunities that match faculty areas of interests. View the list in the Bi-Weekly eNewsletter on Tuesdays or please contact Jessica Abrams.
- Workshops and Seminars: The ONR hosts workshops and/or seminars in order to promote research and scholarship success. For a list of topics and dates, visit the SON events calendar. To watch previous Research Roundtable presentations, please follow the Office of Nursing Research YouTube Channel.
ONR provides assistance interfacing with the SON Business Office and RAS. Post-Award support is provided largely by the RAS post-award team. If you need assistance with identifying your Post-Award administrator, please contact Maleika Huff.
Contact the ONR for:
- Award Management: You will be assigned to a Post-Award RAS administrator and a SON Financial Analyst. Please contact Jessica Abrams with questions.
- Data management: Upon notice of award or as early as JIT, follow-up with the data manager on your team.
- Statistical Support: Upon notice of award or as early as JIT, follow-up with your statistical support consultant.
- Laboratory Support: If you are including collection of biological samples in your research protocol contact Nikolay Patrushev to implement the plan.
- Dissemination of faculty and student research accomplishments: The ONR disseminates faculty and student research awards, accomplishments and impact. Please share your accomplishments by e-mailing Rachel Nash
Emory Institutional Review Board (IRB) Resources
- IRB homepage
- IRB staff and members listing
- IRB’s Does My Project Need IRB Review page
- Submission Type Guidance (Full, Expedited, Exempt, or Not Human Subjects Research)
SON IRB Officer
Ann Rogers, PhD, RN, FAAN, FAASM
SON IRB Point of Contact
School of Nursing
- Emory OSP Fact Sheet
- Georgia Clinical & Translational Science Alliance (GCTSA)
- The Emory Integrated Genomics Core (EIGC)
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
- Finance: Grants and Contracts (FGC)
- Award Lifecycle
NINR & NIH
- NINR News & Information
- Upcoming NINR and related NIH events
- NIH Information for Researchers
- All About (NIH) Grants Podcasts
- Open Mike Blog - Connecting You to the NIH Perspective