Career Services provides targeted career guidance through personalized career coaching, mock interviews, and resume and cover letter critique. You can schedule individual appointments on Handshake!
*Please note, all appointments are currently held via Zoom.
The Career Fair is a great opportunity to connect with recruiters from healthcare systems across the country. These organizations are looking for qualified School of Nursing students and graduates for open positions. There are opportunities for RN positions, externships, as well as APRN positions. There is a career fair each Fall and Spring semester. You can find more information about any upcoming fairs on Handshake.
Exclusive Job and Externship Postings
The Office of Career Services at the School of Nursing is on Handshake! Click here to visit Handshake to view jobs and externships. You don't need to create a new account. To login, just use your Emory University credentials! All School of Nursing students are given access to Handshake. If you have issues with Handshake please send an email to email@example.com.
You should also visit the Emory SON Liquid Compass job portal for current nursing positions for enrolled students (tech and part-time options), new BSN grads (residency programs and more) and new MSN graduates. The openings on this site are updated every day.
To post or search for community-based opportunities such as babysitting or personal care assistance, click here!
Recruiter Information Sessions
Career Services hosts Information Sessions each semester with nurse recruiters from Emory Healthcare and other organizations from across the country.
Other strategic career programming includes resume workshops and mock interviews. Networking events such as speed networking are coordinated by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations at the School of Nursing. Check out Handshake for upcoming information sessions!
Student Placement Statistics
Our graduates are well prepared for employment after graduation, and they enjoy access to career opportunities around the world.
MSN Career Placement
- 90% are employed within 3 months of graduation
- Average starting salary is $102,000
- 25% of students earn $100,000 or more
- Top Employers: Emory Healthcare, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Georgia Department of Public Health, Wellstar, CVS Minute Clinic, Texas Children’s Hospital, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, UCLA Health, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- 62% work in hospitals after graduation
- 51% received multiple job offers
Pre-Licensure Career Placement (BSN, ABSN, & MN)
- 97% are employed within 3 months of graduation
- Average starting salary is $60,000
- 97% work in hospitals
- 51% received multiple job offers
- Top Employers: Emory Healthcare, Northside Hospital, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Piedmont Health System, Wellstar Health System, Atlanta VA Medical Center, Duke University Medical Center, MedStar Health System, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Children’s National Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Health System
You will be able to discuss your resume, CV, cover letter, interview strategies and techniques, job search process, and other career-related issues. To schedule an individual appointment click here.
To access employment listings on Handshake, click here. Login using your Emory credentials!
For community-based opportunities such as babysitting or personal care assistance, please click here.
For your convenience we’ve provided many resources. They include:
- RN Residency Search Guide
- Resume Checklist
- Resume Guide
- Resume Action Verbs
- Cover Letter Guide
- LinkedIn Presence (video)
The Career Fair is held twice a year, in the Fall & Spring semester. The Career Fair provides an opportunity for recruiters to interact with outstanding nursing talent and for SON students to talk to recruiters. From early career nurses to seasoned nurses with leadership experience, Emory’s Career Fairs offer a uniquely qualified talent pool.*
*Because of COVID-19, all events have moved virtually.
You can post jobs with using Handshake. Create a free account and then connect with Emory University to post nursing positions with us. To create an account, click here.
To post community-based positions such as babysitting or personal care assistance, please click here. You will need to create a free account to post. This site is meant only for community-based positions, and all other positions will be removed.
To find out more about hiring Emory nurses, please contact:
Assistant Director of Career Services
Common Nursing Websites
- Emory University Career Services
- LiquidCompass Job Search
- Minority Nurse
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- National League for Nursing
- Nurses for a Healthier Tomorrow
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
- American Nurses Association
- Asian American/Pacific Islander Nurses Association
- Georgia Association of Nursing Students
- Georgia Nurses Association
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses
- The National Black Nurses Association
- National Coalition of Ethnic Minority Nurse Associations
- National Student Nurses' Association
- Society of Pediatric Nurses
Test Preparation andCertifications
Resumes, CVs, & Cover Letters
Salary Calculation & Negotiation
Job Preparation Videos
We are pleased to offer you professional business cards.
Business Card could also include the following language:
BSN Candidate, Spring 2022
Emory Student Nursing Association, President
MSN Candidate, December 2022
Family Nurse Practitioner/Family Nurse Midwife
If you wish to order 250 cards for only $20.00, please follow these easy steps:
- Go to OrderPrinting.com and complete the login using this information and the name you want on your business card.
Account No.: 2052emoryn
- Remit payment in the amount of $20.00.
- You will be sent an email notification when your order is ready for pick up. Please allow 4-5 business days for delivery.