Post Graduate Certificate
The post-graduate certificate programs prepare advanced practice nurses (APRN) aka nurse practitioners or certified nurse midwives for an additional area of specialty practice resulting in being qualified to sit for the specialty-specific national APRN certification examination. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with application questions.
More than 92 percent of the students in the School of Nursing receive some type of financial assistance.
Our students train in numerous clinical sites in Atlanta and across the U.S.
At NHWSN, we are preparing nurses to become globally engaged citizens.
The curriculum for post-graduate certificate programs are based on an analysis of the applicant's original APRN program with the curriculum requirement of the specialty area of study. From this gap analysis, specialty directors at Emory’s School of Nursing craft an individualized curriculum plan which outlines course(s) and clinical work required to complete the certificate in the APRN population focus area. In many cases, the post-graduate certificate requires one to two semesters of part-time study.
* Curriculum, credit hours, and sequencing are subject to change.
No items found.
To be considered for admission to the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, you must submit the following items:
Requirements for Post Master's Certification admission include:
- A master's or doctoral degree resulting in APRN licensure from an accredited nursing program (CCNE, NLNAC)
- Unencumbered APRN license
- Unencumbered RN license in the state of Georgia or a multistate RN license
- Application for Admission
- $50 Application Fee
- Official transcripts from each school attended
- Personal statement
- 2-3 References (preference for at least one to be a nursing supervisor)
- Students with international nursing degrees must provide an evaluation from Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (www.cgfns.org) for previous nursing coursework.
- Students with international transcripts for non-nursing degrees must provide an evaluation from World Education Services (www.wes.org) for previous non-nursing coursework.
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo scores are required if English is a second language. Read Emory University's accepted tests policy here.
* Preferred method: Choose Emory University - School of Nursing in the electronic transcript systems or have your school email your official transcripts to email@example.com.
If your school does not participate in the electronic transcript system or cannot email your transcripts then please have them mail a hard copy to:
Office of Enrollment and Student Affairs
Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
1520 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
*Please note that all courses and degrees in the application checklist must be verified by the Office of Enrollment and Student Affairs before they are marked as received.
The prerequisites for the Post- Master’s program are:
- Completed Master of Science in Nursing or Doctorate of Nursing Practitioner or PhD resulting APRN licensure
- An active, unencumbered Georgia RN License and/or privilege to practice in a state in which the student will have clinical practice.
- An active APRN license
Applicants to any of our distance-accessible courses/ programs that may lead to professional licensure or certification should become familiar with the regulations governing distance accessible programs in their state. Licensure requirements vary from state to state and by professional organization. Emory is working toward developing a database to provide this information. Prospective students residing in states other than Georgia and those states identified, should contact their state’s Board of Nursing and Department of Education for specific rules and regulations pertaining to completion of clinical learning experiences in that state when enrolled in a distance-accessible program.
No items found.
Emory University undergoes accreditation at the university level and throughout our colleges and schools to ensure our educational programs meet the highest standards. The Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing is accredited by multiple organizations. For a list of accreditations, you can visit our Accreditations page.
Ferranti selected as inaugural recipient of Twilla Haynes Award
New award recognizes faculty who focus work on vulnerable populations, like those underserved or at risk of serious health problems due to lack of access to care.
Test Content Heading
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system. How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
- Test and more Test
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!