The Experiential Pathway is for students already working in the specialty.
The WOCNCB’s requirements for Experiential Pathway are:
- Active, unencumbered RN license
- Baccalaureate (or higher) degree
- 1,500 direct patient clinical hours (for EACH specialty) completed within the five years preceding WOCNCB exam application. 375 hours must occur within one year preceding exam application.
- 50 CE/CME (contact hours) or an equivalent in college course work (for EACH specialty) completed within the five years preceding WOCNCB exam application. (Emory WOCNEC's Wound and Ostomy Experiential courses will provide students with the 50 contact hours necessary to satisfy this requirement).
WOCNEC does not require these items to purchase the course. The clinical hours must be obtained before applying for WOCNCB certification. You can take the courses before obtaining all of the clinical hours, but you will not be able to apply for certification until you meet the eligibility requirements.
Completion of a Emory WOCNEC Experiential course will provide the following contact hours:
- Wound: 50 hours
- Ostomy 2.2: 50 hours
- Continence: 40 hours*
*The Continence Audit course provides 40 contact hours. You will need to show proof of an additional 10 Continence contact hours before applying for WOCNCB certification in addition to having the 1500 hours clinical hours.
- Bridge Week, Clinical and Professional Practice are NOT included.
Join us for a Virtual Information Session. Information Sessions are a great opportunity to connect with our administration and instructor teams to learn more about our programs including admission criteria, program methodology, and graduation requirements.