The Experiential Pathway courses are independent, online, self-study CE courses geared toward the graduate nurse with at least 1,500 clinical hours in the specialty (approximately 9 months of full-time employment). The courses are designed to serve as a review of established concepts. There is NO instructor feedback nor participation.
The WOCNCB’s requirements for Experiential Pathway are:
- Active, unencumbered RN license
- Baccalaureate (or higher) degree
- 1,500 direct patient clinical hours (for EACH specialty) completed within the five years preceding WOCNCB exam application. 375 hours must occur within the year preceding exam application.
- 50 CE/CME (contact hours) or an equivalent in college course work (for EACH specialty) completed within the five years preceding WOCNCB exam application.
Please review the “Learner Disclosures” in the catalog Course Description for the requirements to receive contact hours.
- Wound: 50 hours
- Ostomy: 50 hours
- Continence: 40 hours*
*An additional 10 contact hours will be required before applying for WOCNCB certification in Continence.
- Bridge Week, Clinical and Professional Practice are not required or included.
Join us for a Virtual Information Session. Information Sessions are a great opportunity to learn about both pathways and ask questions so that expectations are clear prior to purchase. There are no refunds after purchase.