Explore data on your own—find what you need
Designed by nurses for nurses, Project NeLL’s searchable big data repository is fast, easy, and intuitive—no matter how much you already know about data-driven research. Some of the things NeLL lets you do:
- Measure and show nursing’s impact on health systems
- Learn and teach best practices in data-driven nursing leadership
- Explore vast stores of health records data to answer research questions
- Look at nursing-sensitive data, including national quality indicators
- Leverage our comprehensive data dictionary to understand database elements
- Download data sets directly to your computer (data sets are clean, organized and de-identified, spanning 2012-2021, with new data added regularly)
What Sets NeLL Apart
Project NeLL is unique for many reasons, from the fact that its data span specialties and care settings, to its inclusion of nursing-sensitive data, to the fact that users can explore and download datasets on their own.
NeLL is distinct because of its learning and teaching features as well, which are designed to help schools prepare the next generation of nurse scientists. Project NeLL addresses decades-long barriers to digitally enabling nurses for the 21st Century healthcare landscape. Among its teaching features, NeLL’s portal will soon include a series of self-led courses. These courses are being developed in partnership with IBM Global University Programs and Emory Nursing Experience, our national continuing education enterprise.