Portions of Dec. 16, 2021 update from President Gregory Fenves:
The university has been closely monitoring increases in COVID-19 cases and the spread of the Omicron variant, as well as guidance from the CDC and public health experts. Vaccines are the most powerful tool to protect the health of our community against COVID-19, and recent scientific data overwhelmingly supports the effectiveness of booster shots.
With the continued spread of COVID-19 across the nation and the emerging Omicron variant, all Emory University students, faculty, and staff will now be required to receive a booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine for the 2022 spring semester. The deadline to get your booster is Wednesday, January 19.
Students: Starting Monday, December 20, all Atlanta and Oxford students can upload booster documentation into the Student Health Services Portal.
Faculty and Staff: Starting Thursday, January 6, all faculty and staff members can complete an online form on Emory Forward attesting to their booster status.
- Booster locations and relevant information can be found at Vaccines.gov.
- The deadline to get boosted and verify COVID-19 booster status is Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022. Those not eligible for the booster, per CDC guidelines, by Jan. 19 must get boosted within two weeks of becoming eligible.
- Approved COVID-19 vaccination exemptions will be extended for the COVID-19 booster; there is no need to reapply if you have already received an approved exemption.
- Students, faculty, or staff members with an approved exemption are required to conduct a weekly screening test.
More information on vaccine booster requirements are available on the Emory Forward website.
Members of the School of Nursing community are also reminded that:
- Off-campus transmission is the primary source of recent infection
- More than 97 percent of students, faculty, and staff at Emory are currently vaccinated
- Indoor dining is prohibited for events and gatherings
- Eating and drinking is not allowed in class, but masks can be lowered briefly for sip
- Masks are required to be worn indoors