Each year, the Nurses Alumni Association (NAA) honors alumni and friends who are committed to the key values and missions of the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing (NHWSN) and NAA:
- NHWSN's mission is to educate nurse leaders and scholars, generate new knowledge, and improve health and health care, all in service to the global community.
- NAA's mission is to advance the school's mission by promoting lifelong relationships among alumni and strengthening their connection to the school through social, professional and philanthropic opportunities.
The NAA Awards have historically been presented during Homecoming weekend. With feedback from our alumni community, we have made the decision to shift the timing from Homecoming to an evening in late winter or early spring. Please check back soon for the date of the 2023 NAA Alumni Awards.
Please review the criteria below and nominate a classmate, colleague or friend who has meant much to the profession and to the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing (NHWSN).
- Completed nomination form
- Statement of Support (500 words or less)
- A copy of the nominee's most recent resume/CV
- Any additional articles, videos, or other supporting materials that highlight the nominee's contributions to the nursing profession are also encouraged.
All nominations are considered for three years, unless otherwise indicated by the nominator. The Awards Committee will not conduct independent research on a nominee and the committee will only consider information that is part of a submitted nomination. The Awards Committee will not consider nominations consisting solely of a nominee's resume; the nomination form and Statement of Support must also be included. Award recipients must attend the awards celebration to receive their award.
Nominations will not be accepted after Thursday, November 30, 2023.