Dementia isn’t like other disease states. It brings unique challenges and specific needs for the whole family, not just the person who has been diagnosed. These broader needs aren’t always met by traditional healthcare models.
That’s why IMC Clinic is here.
The IMC Clinic is a practice created with input of family caregivers and includes:
- Longer appointments and individualized attention
- Family meetings to discuss care goals and needs
- Full primary care by a nurse practitioner who specializes in dementia care
- A geriatric nurse practitioner for behavioral and psychiatric symptoms
- After-hours phone access on evenings and weekends for established patients
- Prescription requests and refills by phone or online
- Real collaboration through our Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Care coordination to organize healthcare needs
- Support for transitions of care to hospice or skilled nursing care as applicable
- Support groups, practical education & stress management for family caregivers
Most importantly, at IMC, family members are an important part of our model. Unlike other care models, family is involved at every step of the journey.