1. Butts B, Calhoun DA, Denney, Jr. TS, Lloyd SG, Gupta H, Gaddam KK, Aban I, Oparil S, Sanders PW, Patel R, Collawn JF, and Dell’Italia LJ. (2019) Plasma Xanthine Oxidase Activity Is Related to Increased Sodium and Left Ventricular Hypertrophy in Resistant Hypertension. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 134:343-349.
2. Butts B, Butler J, Dunbar SB, Corwin, E, and Gary RA. (2018) Effects of exercise on ASC methylation and IL-1 cytokines in heart failure. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 50(9):1757-1766.
3. Butts B, Goeddel LA, George DJ, Steele C, Davies JE, Wei CC, Varagic J, George JF, Ferrario CM, Melby SJ, and Dell'Italia LJ. (2017) Increased inflammation in pericardial fluid persists 48 hours after cardiac surgery. Circulation, 136: 2284-2286.
4. Butts B, Butler J, Dunbar SB, Corwin E, and Gary RA. (2017) ASC Methylation and Interleukin-1beta Are Associated with Aerobic Capacity in Heart Failure. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 49(6):1072-1078.
5. Butts B and Gary RA. (2016) 20 things you didn’t know about exercise. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 31(5): 387-389.
6. Butts B, Gary RA, Dunbar SB, and Butler J. (2016) Methylation of apoptosis-associated speck-like protein containing a caspase recruitment domain and outcomes in heart failure. Journal of Cardiac Failure, 22(5): 340-346.
7. Butts B, Gary RA, Dunbar SB, and Butler J. (2015) The importance of NLRP3 inflammasome in heart failure. Journal of Cardiac Failure, 21(7):586-593.
8. Butts B and Gary R. (2015) Co-existing frailty, cognitive impairment and heart failure: implications for clinical care. Journal of Clinical Outcomes Management, 22(1).