The Office of Nursing Research (ONR) mission is to empower faculty and students to advance nursing science to improve health and wellbeing by setting the standard for innovative collaborative scholarship.
Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing is among the top five nursing schools in the U.S. for funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), securing $9.6 million in NIH research grants as part of a total portfolio of $12.8 million in 2019.
Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
1520 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30322-4207
Proposal Initiation Form
To begin working with the Office of Nursing research, please complete the Proposal Initiation Form.
The Proposal Initiation Form (PIF) is the first step for all grant proposal submissions. If you have any questions on how to fill out the Proposal Initiation Form (PIF), please contact Jessica Abrams at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To begin working with the Office of Nursing research, please complete theProposal Initiation Form.
- Schedule a proposal preparation meeting with your RAS Pre-Award Administrator, Beth Kefeli: In this meeting, you may review the proposal guidelines and mutually agree on target due dates for when specific budget and grant information will be provided.
- Contact the ONR for:
- Brainstorming: Brainstorming sessions can be held as a strategic planning session at any stage of your research development. They can be held to brainstorm about directions of a proposal or how to respond to an RFP. E-mail Drenna Waldrop-Valverde directly to schedule.
- Budget Planning: Reviewers will look for a reasonable budget based on the needs of your research program. We can help you create a budget for your project. Contact your RAS Pre-Award Administrator to schedule a meeting.
- Editorial Support: Our services include copy editing, formatting to agency guidelines, and analysis of the content and flow of the proposal Contact Ken Hepburn to schedule an editorial support appointment.
- Mock Review: These sessions are meant to allow faculty to get detailed feedback on a grant proposal they're working on and/or to gain insight into the standard review process at funding agencies. If you are interested in submitting a proposal for review, contact Jessica Abrams.
- Data Management: Our data management team assists with preparing and reviewing data management or data sharing plans accompanying grant proposals.
- Statistical Support: Members of our statistical support team advise on the statistical aspects of proposals or current projects. We encourage researchers to consult a statistician early in the planning stage of a project - ideally at the grant preparation stage. For R-level awards, percentage effort for a PhD statistician is generally expected by the funding agency. Contact Jessica Abrams to schedule with a consultant.
- Laboratory Support: If you are including collection of biological samples in your research protocol, contact Nikolay Patrushev to start the planning process.
- Workshops and Seminars: The ONR hosts workshops and/or seminars in order to promote research and scholarship success. For a list of topics and dates, visit the SON events calendar.
ONR provides assistance interfacing with the SON Business Office and RAS. Post-Award support is provided largely by the RAS post-award team. If you need assistance with identifying your Post-Award administrator, please contact Beth Kefeli. Contact the ONR for:
- Award Management: You will be assigned to a Post-Award RAS administrator and a SON Financial Analyst. Please contact Jessica Abrams with questions.
- Data management: Upon notice of award or as early as JIT, follow-up with the data manager on your team.
- Statistical Support: Upon notice of award or as early as JIT, follow-up with your statistical support consultant.
- Laboratory Support: If you are including collection of biological samples in your research protocol contact Nikolay Patrushev to implement the plan.
- Dissemination of faculty and student research accomplishments: The ONR disseminates faculty and student research awards, accomplishments and impact.
School of Nursing
- Emory OSP Fact Sheet
- Georgia Clinical & Translational Science Alliance (GCTSA)
- The Emory Integrated Genomics Core (EIGC)
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
- Finance: Grants and Contracts (FGC)
- Award Lifecycle
NINR & NIH
- NINR News & Information
- Upcoming NINR and related NIH events
- NIH Information for Researchers
- All About (NIH) Grants Podcasts
- Open Mike Blog - Connecting You to the NIH Perspective