Classroom Request Policy
ROOM RESERVATION REQUEST PROCEDURES
Events or meetings can be booked in the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, if they have a connection to the School of Nursing (SON), or Rollins School of Public Health (RSPH), or if they are related to the School's mission and have a local sponsor (i.e., faculty, staff, student of the school). The SON and RSPH will have priority when reserving rooms. The SON administration reserves the right to decide who can use the spaces in the building. Requests for meetings, training, and other events will be taken on a first-come-first-served basis. Requests for classrooms during future semesters will not be considered until all SON and RSPH classes have been scheduled for that semester.
To request a room, please complete the Room Reservation Request Form (RRRF). An incomplete RRRF will not be processed. All requests must include an Emory FAS account number. Please submit your request 2 weeks before you need the classroom. Your request will be reviewed to see if space is available. If space is available, it will be reviewed for approval. If approved, your room selection or the best available room will be reserved and we will notify you by email with a confirmation. If room is unavailable or if your request was denied, you will be notified by email. The SON is not responsible for finding and alternative event space, if it is not held in the School.
Any student requesting a meeting room must list the faculty sponsor on the RRRF. The faculty sponsors will be considered responsible for our facilities and the event, and they must attend the event.
All communications from the School will be to the person named as the requestor.
Please email email@example.com immediately with any changes and/or cancellations to your booked event.
- For any facilities needs, contact Paul Burton, a minimum of 10 days before your event at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-727-8647.
– For any AV needs, contact Matt Freret a minimum of 10 days before your event at email@example.com or 404-727-3473.
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS YOUR EVENT TO MANAGE. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THE DETAILS.
Before the Event
Please arrange a visit to the room where your event will be by contacting Paul Burton several days prior to the event.
During and After the Event
Your on-site person for the event is responsible for:
- Safeguarding the integrity of all equipment, furniture and accessories while using the room(s);
- Seeing that the event concludes at the time specified on the RRRF;
- Clearing rooms and tables of any materials including food/beverage items after completion of the event;
- Putting trash in the appropriate receptacles; and
- Ensuring that the room(s) and surrounding public spaces are back to their original condition.
Failure to comply will result in the sponsoring department/organization being billed the cost for this restoration.
Food and Beverage Service
- Food must arrive ready for consumption. The kitchens do not have cooking facilities.
- The event sponsor must bring all needed equipment for serving and storing food.
- The kitchens must be left clean and ready for the next event.
- All counters and floors should be clean.
- Any leftover food should be removed.
- Any rented china, glassware, utensils, etc. must be removed from the premises immediately.
- All garbage should be put in trash receptacles, bags tied at top, and left in place.
- The Student Lounge on the Plaza level is NOT to be reconfigured and used for food service; however, this area can be used for seating when food is served in the Plaza.
If food and beverages are taken into areas that are not allowed (No Food or Drinks are allowed in classrooms):
- A warning will be given and any charges the School incurs to correct problems resulting from the violation will be assessed a cleaning fee of $200 per day.
-If a second violation occurs, the above will apply along with the loss of any further use of the building for the remainder of the semester. The School is not responsible for finding an alternative event space due to non-compliance.
Classrooms must be left in "ready to use " condition immediately following the event.
- All trash should be in receptacles.
- White boards should be clean.
- Tables and chairs should be put back in original locations.
- Lectern, computers, and data projector should be turned off.
- Blinds should be raised, if applicable.
- Lights should be turned off.
Additional Service Fees
The SON reserves the right to charge a fee for space and support staff, as needed. Examples of charges for events include:
- Special Custodial and House cleaning fees - $175
- Special Set-up and Tear-down charges - $275
- AV Support - $50 per hour (2-hour minimum)
- Videotape Services - $100 per hour (4 hr. minimum) plus equipment charges